Re: help me resolve this hot backup failure !!

  • From: Surya Vempati <suryavempati@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: premjhere@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:21:42 -0400

Hi,
  This is Cause of the .Aud files generated under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit
directory. Try the following
 Before trying , can u try to login as the user with which ur taking
hotbackups. do not use /nolog option , still getting error , then proceed
..with following...

1) Remove the *.aud files or
2) Move the direcotry audit to audit1 & create dir audit
3) Try login again (i mean thru the user with which ur taking hotbackups)
 If you are not able to do the step 1 or step2, ask Sys admin to do , if ur
not able to do as Oracle user.
 Thanks
VV