help me resolve this hot backup failure !!

  • From: Prem <premjhere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:12:23 +0530

Hi All ,

the ENV is oracle 9.2.0.1 on SunOS 5.8.
recently .... my hot backup log shows the following error .

Altering tablespace MARKETFIRST_LIDX out of backup mode...
ERROR:
ORA-09925: Unable to create audit trail file
SVR4 Error: 13: Permission denied
Additional information: 9925
ORA-01075: you are currently logged on
SP2-0306: Invalid option.
Usage: CONN[ECT] [logon] [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER}]
ERROR:
ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied
SP2-0157: unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exiting SQL*Plus
Altering tablespace FCCUST_DATA into backup mode...
Tablespace altered

The directory mentioned as in AUDIT_TRAIL_DEST exists with proper permission
and free space.I am able to create files in that directory.So i'm not
run out of inodes ... i hope.

i am able conn to DB as

$sqlplus /nolog
SQL > conn / as sysdba

This works fine without any issues.
but i don't know why the backup fails.

Can someone please help me sort it out ?

Regards,
Prem.