RE: help dynamically adding a 'datafile' to a script

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:33:35 -0800

The concatenation character for SQL*Plus is the period.
SQL> accept path
C:\
SQL> create tablespace x datafile '&path.my_data_file.dbf' size 1M ;
ancien   1 : create tablespace x datafile '&path.my_data_file.dbf' size 1M
nouveau   1 : create tablespace x datafile 'C:\my_data_file.dbf' size 1M
Espace de tables (TABLESPACE) créé.
The concatenation character can be changed with the SQL*Plus command SET CONCAT