Re: help "cloning" a database

  • From: Jose Luis Delgado <joseluis_delgado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:17:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rich...

I think your problem is here:

> the create statement, so it looks like:
>       CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "DST" RESETLOGS
> ARCHIVELOG

If I'm wrong, others can correct me, but,...

if you are using RESETLOGS, then you are resetting
your log sequence to 0.

I think you can try this:

sql> @/tmp/cntrl.sql
sql> recover database until cancel using backup
controlfile;

when asked for archive logs, type: CANCEL
then...

sql> alter database open resetlogs;

this should open your db...

HTH