has anyone migrated the oracle application server repository with single sign on?

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:23:02 -0400

We have a 10.1 Oracle Application server and a 9.2.0.6 Repository (long
story on why this is, we can't upgrade right now)
We are moving from Tru 64 OS to a Solaris OS with the same versions.

We are following some metalink tickets on how to do the migration, but we
end up with "username/password" is incorrect when we try to log in using
single sign on through the new server. The username/password are correct. So
its a repository issue.

We are getting the typical run around from oracle support. One guy tells us
to use one document and another tells us to use something else. We are just
getting clowns who do searches and can't get a hold of someone who has
actually done a migration.

has anyone hear actually done a migration? Can I just export and import? I
am going to make a test user in the new repository and see if there are data
differences between one repository from another(maybe server name is
different? ).

if you have done a migration (to the same version of the repository) what
document did you use? What issues did you have? We have been working on this
for 2 weeks.