gv$asm_disk_iostat

  • From: "Nabil Jamaleddin" <nmjamaleddin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 10:57:59 -0500

I guess I don't understand gv$asm_disk_iostat with respect to oracle
11.2.0.4

SELECT failgroup, ROUND(SUM(bytes_written / (1024 * 1024 * 1024))) Write

FROM gv$asm_disk_iostat

GROUP BY failgroup ORDER BY failgroup;

FAILGROUP

WRITE

DATA1

1865

DATA2

1927

FRA1

1975

FRA2

1912

UTIL1

4

UTIL2

4

Protection is external (data and fra) so the failgroups are not a mirror.

All my datafiles are in data. Redo log files are on fra with a member
(mirror) on data. So it seems to me that the writes to data should be from
all the datafiles and from the redo logfiles. Writes to fra are only from
redo logfiles. So writes to data - writes to fra = datafile writes. But
the writes to fra are larger than data.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance...

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email.