RE: grant sysdba to user on hot standby

  • From: "Tanel Poder" <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 13:16:20 +0800

As sysdba and sysoper privileges have to be kept outside the database (how
could you log on before starting database up if the password info is inside
the shut down database?) - these accounts are stored in passwordfile as
well.

So copy primary's passwordfile over to standby too after creating the user &
granting the priv and see if it works.

Tanel.