golden gate and partition exchanges

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:04:58 -0400

database 10.2.0.5
OS: hp unix
Targets: another database on hp-unix and teradata

Here are a couple of scenarios. How would golden gate handle this? and if
there are problems how would I handle it.

1. I have a parent table that is partitioned by day. This parent table is
replicated with golden gate to both targets. I exchange the partition to the
history table every night. The history table is not replicated.
2. I have a parent and a history table replicated by golden gate. The parent
and child table are partitioned by day. Every a partition is exchanged to
the history table.
3. I have a history table that is partitioned by day. This table is
replicated by golden gate. Every night a partitioned is exchanged to this
table that is from a table that is not replicate