Re: going back to physical standby from logical standby

  • From: Qaiser <qrasheed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kp0773@xxxxxxxxx" <kp0773@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 23:09:31 -0600

Instantiating the table should be faster than applying archive redologs from a
massive update. When you instantiate a table, oracle uses datapump under the
hood to synch up the table from primary to the standby site.

I would suggest skipping the current update on your logical standby.
Instantiate the table followed by UNSKIP.

Hope this helps!

--Qaiser