going back to physical standby from logical standby

  • From: K R <kp0773@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 17:01:02 -0800

All,

I have a situation.

I  created a physical standby database  on 12/15

and I converted it to  logical standby database on  12/20

there was a huge batch job on primary  that ran  on 12/22  which updated 2
big tables of around 150G each .and the updates coming from that batch job
is still running since then.

I have been always doing the instantiation  which normally takes like 4
hour  but this time I am thinking if there is a quicker alternative to it
.not sure if incarnation will help here.

So can I  revert back to standby ( 12/19 ) and  let the archive logs applied
till 12/23 it will be a lot quicker .   The database is on 10.2.0.4

Thanks in advance.

Kart