Re: getting users passwords in plain text

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vincent.verpoort@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:59:38 +0100

On 10/16/07, Vincent verpoort <vincent.verpoort@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I have a question that's a bit unethical.

a bit!

For a company i'm working for i need to find out what the passwords are of
> oracle users. As changing them means a lot of work for allot of poeple.

ah, do you mean these are generic accounts, and there is no password record
for generic accounts?, if so as well as causing you pain that will likely
fail any computer security audit that takes place.

Is there anyway i can clear text the password from dba database, i have
> sysdba and all privs.

There are a number of password crackers out there, there's the dblink issue
if that's relevant to your version, and a number of other cracking
approaches.