Re: "gc current block busy" wait in Concurrent BATCH Processes Run

  • From: "Finn Jorgensen" <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:27:23 -0500

gc means global cache, which means it's cache fusion/interconnect related.

More than likely you have processes on both/all nodes of the cluster writing
to the same table(s) and cache fusion is having trouble keeping up with the
communication of which blocks are dirty (and sending the data back and
forth) and which are not.

In my experience with RAC, if you have a lot of writes to a set of tables
you're much better off localizing all those connections on one node so you
don't have the "gc" wait events. Throughput goes up as well.

Not exactly what Oracle is marketing when they talk about RAC, but that has
been my experience.

Finn