Re: ftp: Inode is remote "error"

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:25:45 -0500

On 02/19/2004 02:11:04 PM, "Koivu, Lisa" wrote:
> Hi everyone,=20

Hi != 20

> When I start an ftp session to binary send files off to another
> server,
> I get the following message:
>
> send O1_MF_WHSE_INDX_ZZM66GKK_.DBF
> > O1_MF_WHSE_INDX_ZZM66GKK_.DBF:Inode is remote
>
> Here's all I found on the net
>
>       Inode is remote.
>
>       Input for the current operation could not be obtained from a
> remote        source.
>
>       Contact the supplier of the current application to obtain and
> report        the problem.=20
>
> What??  Has anyone seen this before?  I am in the correct directory.
> The file is there. =20

Lisa, your source file is on NFS, samba or sharity mounted filesystem
and your ftp utility lacks the power of will and resolve to cope with
the situation. I can only strongly advise changing the ftp client.
wget is nice for get. Can you get the file from the other side, instead
of pushing it over there?