filtering through port 1521

  • From: "Wolfson Larry - lwolfs" <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:59:39 -0500

Hi Guys.  Hope everyone is ready for Halloween.

    Unfortunately they're sending me out of town this  year and I'll
miss it.

    Anyway, I have a listener question.

We have a server with close to 20 DBs using 5 different listeners.
The last one I just added is a 10G listener using port 1521.
I can get to all the DBs using 1521, but we wanted to restrict access
through 1521 until we want to allow it.
I already found one app that makes a bunch of connections every 10
minutes.   Not sure what they were doing before as this port wasn't open
to them.

There used to be a protocol.ora where you could control access or RULES
in cman which we're not using.
That is, just allow certain IP addresses through.

Someone said we could do it through sqlnet.ora now, but I didn't see it.

I was trying to do this with having to touch any initora files.

    Any one have a way around this?

    TIA
    Larry
privileged.