filesystemio_options setting

  • From: "John Smith" <john40855@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:19:17 -0500

Hi.  We are running oracle 10.2.0.3 on our test evironment in suse 9.   Emc
symmetrix storage.  I was going over the settings and discovered that
filesystemio_options was not set (no value given).  I changed it to setall
per the Oracle documentation for Linux.  Shortly after that, our queries
suddenly started running longer, and the culprit appears to be disk IO.

I understood that this setting could not cause a problem, and all the Oracle
documentation I could find said to set this value to setall in 10.2.0.3.  I
unset the value and the problem went away. Can someone shed some light on
this?