RE: file size

  • From: "Roger Xu" <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <FAKTORG@xxxxxxxxx>, "<oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:16:18 -0600

datafile backup is one of them

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[ mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Greg Faktor
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:54 PM
To: <oracle-l
Subject: file size

Hi All!

What is disadvantage to have one 25-30 GB datafile on Win 2000 and
Oracle 9i instead of 7x4GB? I have one application where if they're more
then 1 datafile then app manager can't see tablespace free space. Do not
ask why, this is the way application is designed. I don't want app
people to connect to the database using anything but application. Now I
need to make strong point to convince then that having one big file is
not good idea. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Greg

For technical support please email tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxx or you can
call (972)721-8257.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons
or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to
tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx