RE: file alert

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Seema Singh' <oracledbam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:50:44 -0400

Seema,

I'm just curious.  Why in the world would you want a log file that large?
To me, it just gets too big to do anything with.  You gonna scroll thru a
file that big?  Makes no sense to me.

I like these alert logs a reasonable size so that reviewing them is easy.  A
file that big - well, you'd have problems using vi to look at it.  And you
certainly could not ftp it to your desktop.

I say keep them small and compressed and have them available for review when
you need them.

Good Luck.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional