RE: fdisk, device mapper and asmlib

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:05:26 +0100

Dimitre,
You probably need to rescan the partition table from the second node.
You can do this by using blockdev --rereadpt <single path device>
Once you have done this, it could be you still need to reread the partition
table on the multipath device, which can be done using partprobe. After that it
could be necessary to use kpartx to create the new partition.

I never found why sometimes the multipath and / or the multipath partition
steps needed to be done and why the sometimes where directly correct after
using the blockdev command on one of the single path devices.
I can only guess it has something to do with caching.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator