faster way to create XML export

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 12:07:16 -0500

What's the fastest way to create an XML file on disk with a SQL query as
input?  We're on Oracle 10.2 and currently we're using the Java getXMLSAX()
function with an output stream and an OracleXMLQuery object (from Oracle's
Java API for XML).  This is causing some performance problems... in fact
it's accounting for over half the time in one particular long-running report
which is important to the business.  It really smells to me like something
which could go a lot faster.  Anyone have experience with this, and can
suggest a better way?

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com