Re: extra cost options and DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 11:48:02 +0100

If you need to know what checks are (not) used to populate - you can
identify every single check by
select name,
decode(INST_CHK_Method, 1, 'NO', 2, 'Object', 4,'Test', 'Unknown')
INST_Check,
decode(USG_DET_METHOD, 1, 'SQL', 2, 'PROCEDURE', 4,'Test',
'Unknown') USG_DET_METHOD,
USG_DET_LOGIC
from sys.wri$_dbu_feature_metadata where upper(name) like upper('%&1%');

and if USG_DET_METHOD is PROCEDURE, read the procedure named
in USG_DET_LOGIC.

you can run this procedure with a simple anonymous block like this (just
change the procedure to anything you are interested):
set serveroutput on

declare
feature number;
aux number;
info clob := empty_clob();

begin
sys.dbms_feature_goldengate(
feature, aux, info
);

dbms_output.put_line(' Feature: ' || feature);
dbms_output.put_line(' Aux: ' || aux);
dbms_output.put_line(' Info: ' || info);

end;
/

I've done a presentation on those topics at DOAG2015 -
http://www.slideshare.net/berxx/473721-dba-featureusagestatistics

but as always the disclaimer: that research is only about some objects in
the DB, NOT an Oracle Audit.

Martin

I found that view to be not very reliable. Some things aren't caught at
all, for example what I documented here:

http://www.pythian.com/blog/advanced-compression-option-oracle/

I encountered other scenarios over the years which similarly didn't show
up there. It's probably good to catch some obvious ones as you mentioned in
the case of partitioning, but I wouldn't rely on its data to get through an
audit.

Stefan

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Matt Adams <MAdams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Seems to be missing a few (Real application testing, OLAP, etc), but I
can probably adjust as needed.

Many thanks