extended dynamic sampling documentation?

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:05:39 +0000

The documetns/articles on the web are pretty high level. anyone know of any
documents that go into more detail. When I look at a tkprof output I see
somewhat different dynamic sampling queries when the optimizer level is at 2
(this is 10.2).

Case 1: Case statement in the query based off of a column in a join clause
(between a GTT and a base table). The sample block clause is hard coded.

Case 2: No case statement. This query is also joining from a GTT to a base
table. The sample block clause is populated with a bind variable.

I am hoping either oracle or someone has some more details of why dynamic
sampling queries can be different?