export_policy in Oracle 10g

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:49:33 -0500

I know we are supposed to be using datapump by 10G, but I still need to
compress on the fly AND I want to eliminate a massive BLOB segment.

The old export policy seemed to be the perfect way.

Got the doc, did all the steps, the application broke because things are
different now. It actually has more to do with FGAC instead of providing
a way to selectively eliminate table data for multiple tables.

Is there a way to do this in 10G? I can find Oracle 9 doc on things, but
evidently no doc on using that with 10g.

The other application has 23,000 tables and I eliminate anything over
5GB and just do the definition.

How do we do this in 10g>

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Mail Code TOC-7505
1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Va.  23227
Tel: 804.261.9446  Net: 643.9446
BlackBerry: 804.517.7443
michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Live Solid, Bank Solid

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust is a federally registered service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc. Live
solid. Bank solid. is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]