Re: ** export excluding some tables

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:50:12 -0700

On 6/15/06, A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I am trying to take an export of whole database but it fails due to some big tables with rollback segment eror Ora-1555. I know we can specify tables but is there a way to exclude certain tables. Thanks for your help.

I find that dropping the tables prior to exporting seems to work.

Other than that, the only other workable method I have found
is to include only the tables I do want to export (tables=(t1,t2,t2...)

This may require more than one export if the command line becomes
too long. Cumbersome, but it works.

If the number of tables is really large, you could use sql to generate
your export commands.  This saves some typing, and is less error
prone than manually inputting all the table names.

The first method ticks off the users, so I generally avoid it.

--
Jared Still