Re: explain plan, can you explain this?

  • From: "Luis Fernando Cerri" <lfcerri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:25:07 -0300

You are definitely right, Brandon.

By the way, it is very easy to understand all STATS$% tables and
DBA_HIST% views and what information is stored in each one of them.

After that it becomes very simple to write a set of scripts to
calculate deltas between each snapshot between a begin/end date/time
and plot these deltas in a timeline graphic, using your preferred
spreadsheet software.

I've been doing this for a while and these graphics really simplified
my performance diagnostics work.

Regards,
Cerri