experience with undocumented pga parameters

  • From: Josh Collier <Josh.Collier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 17:25:35 +0000

Does anyone on this list have experience with setting the following parameters
on 11gR2 linux?
I have a server with 250G available for the PGA and am having a hard time
getting the database to stop spilling sorts to temp.  I have a ticket open with
support so that I can get into a support configuration with these settings,
however, I am having a hard time finding a combination of these 4 that will
prevent even small queries from sending sorts to temp.

"_smm_max_size"
"_pga_max_size"
"_smm_px_max_size"
"_smm_isort_cap"