RE: experience to create ORACLE database fo rHyperion to use???

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:08:03 -0500

I have done about 10 installs for Hyperion, but nothing in the last
year: I don't remember anything unusual about it.  Just do the normal
stuff to get the expected performance.  Make sure to check to see what
characterset to use (I cannot remember what it calls for, but I think
AL32UTF8).  Other than the characterset, anything else is easy to
change.  Everything I did was filesystem based on either Solaris or
Linux- I have never done a ASM for Hyperion but I don't expect anything
that would prevent it.