Re: experience to create ORACLE database fo rHyperion to use???

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:46:43 -0200

I'd go for custom database with all the features. If you don't use a
particular feature then it will just take a little space... and trust
me... the space problems will be with essbase and not Oracle. Just
keep in mind that Oracle has no data for Hyperion, just metadata so it
should be a rather small db.

Oh, and one thing, good luck configuring essbase backups ;-)

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional