Re: expdp in succession by script

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richa03@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:14:31 +0100

On 28/12/2009 17.31, Rich wrote:
[...]
I am trying to export data in sections using datapump (expdp) - one export at a time with each export starting after the previous one is complete. Doing this with regular export is fairly straightforward, however, with datapump a simple script won't suffice - the script will start every export as a different session.

Hi Rich,
I suppose I'm missing something because I've just tried a simple shell for loop with two different database users and it worked as expected (one after another).
Could you give more details regarding the issue you have?

Here is my command:

for schema in user1 user2; do
  expdp userid=system/password DUMPFILE=$schema.dmp SCHEMAS=$schema
done

Regards
Dimitre