Re: exadata v2

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:47:02 -0500

*"On a side note, we did manage to crash one of the storage cells. The
interesting thing is that the database never blinked an eye. It got a few
lines written to the alert log, but the other cells took over for it and the
cellsrv program restarted itself and the cell came back on-line without any
intervention. Pretty cool. (maybe just lucky, I'm not sure at this point -
more testing needed)"*

Kerry,

That (automatic recovery) wasn't an accident at all--it is an important
feature that was baked in from the start. Additionally, the MAA team at
Oracle spends a significant amount of time intentionally testing these very
same features. It is very good for all customers to test these same types of
events to ensure they know how such things impact (or don't impact, as the
case may be) the system.

Dan