RE: exadata? is anyone using it?

  • From: John Hallas <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx" <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:43:58 +0000

Who supports Exadata at your site Kathy?
Normally I assume that a Unix team will look after the O/S and the DBA team
will look after the databases (and now will probably look after ASM once the
physical disks have been made available)

With Exadata I think Oracle do the initial setup and configuration but is your
support model similar to above

John

www.jhdba.wordpress.com
________________________________
From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: exadata? is anyone using it?
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 8:22 AM

Looking for your opinion, advice, good/bad/otherwise.

thanks, joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is registered in England with number 358949. The
registered office of the company is situated at Gain Lane, Bradford, West
Yorkshire BD3 7DL. This email and any attachments are intended for the
addressee(s) only and may be confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying to
the email that you have received in error and then destroy the email.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or rely
on the email or its attachments in any way.

This email does not constitute a contract in writing for the purposes of the
Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989.

Our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase, as may be amended from time to
time, apply to any contract that we enter into. The current version of our
Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase is available at:
http://www.morrisons.co.uk/gscop

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are
virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility,
and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.