Re: enterprise manager express

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 09:15:43 -0700

On 08/01/2014 6:45 AM, Ray Stell wrote:
Can a OEE 12 db be configured into cloud control and also have this EM
Express deal?
Yes, this is possible.

My experience is that attempting to 'install' both at the same time during dbca will result in the ApEx version (EM Express) not being configured correctly.

However, there has been no problem using DBCA to install the EM Express and then having the Cloud Control agent discover the database after DB create.

While this may have been corrected since I reported it to Oracle, I have not bothered verifying it as I am quite happy to use 'post DB-create discovery'.

I've found the default EM Express is pretty much useless in the multi-tenant environment, but Oracle has a new ApEx app for that.
/Hans