enq: ZZ - update hash tables

  • From: Mati Vapper <mati.vapper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:38:40 +0200

Hi,
I have an interesting issue in 3 node cluster where during the backup the
normal processing is a bit disrupted. I didn't find much information from
mos either from internet, so maybe here somebody has experienced something
similar:

Active%  | SQL_ID          | EVENT                           | WAIT_CLASS
   | SERVICE_NRNAME    | PROGRAM
    95%  |                 | db file parallel write          | System I/O
   | SYS$BACKG         | oracle@linuxsrv1 (DBW1)
    81%  |                 | log file parallel write         | System I/O
   | SYS$BACKG         | oracle@linuxsrv1 (LGWR)
    57%  |                 | db file parallel write          | System I/O
   | SYS$BACKG         | oracle@linuxsrv1 (DBW0)
    24%  | b1zbvg2qpwt05   | reliable message                | Other
    | service1          | JDBC Thin Client
    24%  | b1zbvg2qpwt05   | enq: ZZ - update hash tables    | Other
    | service1          | JDBC Thin Client
    19%  | b1zbvg2qpwt05   | enq: ZZ - update hash tables    | Other
    | service1          | JDBC Thin Client
    19%  | b1zbvg2qpwt05   | enq: ZZ - update hash tables    | Other
    | service1          | JDBC Thin Client
    14%  | fzbbuz7q4qpka   | db file sequential read         | User I/O
   | service1          | JDBC Thin Client
    14%  |                 | log file sync                   | Commit
   | service1          | JDBC Thin Client
    14%  |                 | log file sync                   | Commit
   | service1          | JDBC Thin Client

The service1 is an application service which is running on 2 instances. The
enq: ZZ events are probably related to global context, because the sql is
the execution of dbms_session.clear_context procedure.

Thanks,
Mati.