enq: KO - fast object checkpoint

  • From: KRISHNA MOORTHY <krish33moorthy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:59:07 +0530

Hi,

We are getting frequently the following error in alert log file.

Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 55965
Checkpoint not complete

There are 3 redo log group wirh 50MB. Log swithches are happening at every
2 mins.I have increased DBWR process from 2 to 3.

When we taken an awr report top cpu event is 'enq: KO - fast object
checkpoint'

SQL> select sid,program from v$session where program like '%CKPT%' or
program like '%DBW%';

      SID PROGRAM
---------- ------------------------------------------------
      593 oracle@xxxxxxxxx (CKPT)
      595 oracle@xxxxxxxxx (DBW2)
      596 oracle@xxxxxxxxx (DBW1)
      597 oracle@xxxxxxxxx (DBW0)

SQL> select sid,event,state,p1,p2,p3,seconds_in_wait from v$session_wait
where sid in (select sid from v$session where program like '%CKPT%' or
program like '%DBW%');

      SID EVENT
----------
STATE                       P1         P2         P3 SECONDS_IN_WAIT
------------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------------
      593 control file parallel write
WAITING                      3          3          3               1
      595 rdbms ipc message
WAITED KNOWN TIME           22          0          0               1
      596 rdbms ipc message
WAITING                    204          0          0               1
      597 rdbms ipc message
WAITED KNOWN TIME          300          0          0              26

OS:RHEL4
oracle :10g

Please suggest me on this issue.

Regards