Re: does update table with identical values actually write to disk?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:57:16 -0500 (CDT)

Clay Colburn wrote:

> For those not inclined to run through the example, the answer was that it
> does not update the row, oracle intelligently skips the operation.

Can you post your example?  I've tried several tests where the data is
same/different, before/after commit, and multiple columns -- all unindexed
-- but am unable to find a correlation in the numbers resulting from Jared's
query run before and after each test.

It's probably something obvious that I'm not seeing.  It *is* Monday after
all...

Rich