Re: does VMware can setup OCFS2 file system on it????

  • From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:53:46 +0200

dba1 mcc schrieb:
> it is a 50 Gb file on VMware.  I can use "fdisk
> /dev/sdb"  on CentOS 4.5 see the parations.  But
> ocfs2consle can NOT see it.

i just tested it on a fresh redhat 4EL installation. even with o2cb
offline ocfs2console sees all available partitions. did you follow the
ocfs2 documentation available at
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/ocfs2_users_guide.pdf?
that was the only source i used to install the stuff.

and did you try to format the partition with mkfs.ocfs2? maybe
ocfs2console will see it after formatting.

if you followed the user's guide and it still doesn't work, ask on the
ocfs2 mailing list for help. the developers there are very helpful.

regards,
-ap