Re: does VMware can setup OCFS2 file system on it????

  • From: "Li Li" <litanli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:12:27 -0500

what is your shared storage for RAC? is it a file or a direct raw mapping to
a LUN? I used a file as the shared storage and successfully created OCFS2
file systems on it. Haven't tried the direct raw mapping to a LUN but should
work as well.

On 7/16/07, dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We tried to setup ORACLE RAC under VMWARE.  I follow
document
(
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/OracleDB10gR2RACInstallationOnCento
s4UsingVMware.php) setup share disk under VMware and
use indepent and persistent parameters.

I also partition share disk to two parations, but
ocfs2console can not find any paatiotion.

Does anyone know OCFS2 compatible with VMware?

Thanks.

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/