Re: disk crash no mirror, NOARCHILEG mode, and NO BACKUP, some datafiles & undo missing

  • From: V R <vragunat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:54:43 -0800 (PST)

A possible choice (perform with help from Oracle support as it is unsupported):

startup mount
alter database datafile 'complete path of missingfiles' offline drop;
recover database until cancel;  -- perform fake recovery using say online logs
alter database open resetlogs;

This may need a hidden parameter like _allow_resetlogs_corruption set. Contact
Oracle Support to make sure that they will help even if something goes wrong.

Considering the state the database is in, I am sure this is not an important DB.

Vijay

Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: folks,

and luckily user was SHUTDOWN ABORT database after make datafiles OFFLINE, so
when startup, it always try to find the missing undo file.....
this is worst case, please help me on this situation......

regards
ujang