Re: disk_asynch_io and db_writer_processes on RAW DBFs

  • From: Steve Adams <steve.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:36:25 +1100

Hi Deepak,

I suggest that you allow all these parameters to take their default values at first. If you encounter any write I/O related waits once your migration to ODM is complete, then they can be tuned in retrospect.

Instead, you should consider whether read I/O performance might suffer because of a net reduction in memory available for caching.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/         - For DBAs
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/  - For all

Deepak Sharma wrote:
OS: Sun Solaris 2.8 Database: Oracle 10.1.0.4
CPU_COUNT: 32

On a database using RAW datafiles, what values should be specified for "db_writer_processes" and/or "filesystemio_options", assuming that
"disk_asynch_io=TRUE" (also async i/o is available at
OS-level) ?