Re: disk_async_io vs. multiple db_writer_processes

  • From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 12:54:00 -0800 (PST)

We moved to ODM last weekend and saw a drop of avg cpu
usage from 90% to 60%.  Didn't modify anything at
database-level (I had a thread related to that change
earlier). Currently, we have disk_async_io=true,
filesystemio_options=asynch and db_writer_processes=6
(default, based on 48 cpus).

Deepak

http://mail.yahoo.com