RE: disable recyclebin?

  • From: "dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'oracle Freelists' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Lange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kevin G' <kevin.lange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:39:05 +0000

My point exactly.  That's why we have a DR facility setup.
It's to - wait for it - recover from *disasters*!
Which are a lot more widespread in definition that just someone inadvertently
dropping a table.
Although of course losing any table is part of that definition and why it is
covered by DR.
If I didn't have that setup then recyclebin might be a consideration.
As is it's totally redundant, buggy and therefore not used.
Keep it simple is an essential part of any DR setup.  ;)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu Apr 21  4:07 , "Lange, Kevin G"  sent: