Re: direct path write wait

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deepak_blr@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:33:35 +0100

Hi

You can truss database writer, if AIO is enabled you should see something
like

kaio(AIONOTIFY, -2226439408)
kaio(AIOWAIT, 0xFFFFFFFF7FFFDFA0)

On 12/27/06, blr_dba <deepak_blr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Gurus,

Am having huge amount of waits on "direct path write event". This event
has
98% of the total wait time. Now we want to tune it.

We are using Solaris 9 and Oracle 9.2.0.7.

After examining the system we found that logging is enabled on the mounted
UFS file systems.

Need your expert advice on the following...

> How to know whether the UFS is enabled for asynchronous IO or direct IO?
> Which one is better for DWH environments? Pros and cons of each.
> Is filesystem cache is involved in both of the above methods?

Please suggest the best solution for my environment.

Looking forward to your ever valuable feedback.

Deepak