RE: direct path read/write temp waits

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:13:08 -0400

Yeah, the 301 and 302 datafile ids means that you have db_files set to
300.  Tempfiles start numbering w/ db_files+1.

As to the sort analysis, what do you get if you do:
 select vsn.name, vss.value
   from v$sesstat vss,
        v$statname vsn
  where vsn.name like '%sort%'
    and vss.statistic# = vsn.statistic#
    and vss.sid in(select vs.sid
                     from v$session vs,
                          v$sort_usage vsu
                   where vs.saddr=vsu.session_addr);

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."