RE: df shows 100% on a empty filesystem-

  • From: "Ken Naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>, <p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:34:45 -0500

I have seen this happen frequently on various nix's more commonly with
dropped tablespace data files, as long as a process that is still running
had accessed the file. I used lsof to find the process that was accessing
the files, then ps to determine which app, then if it was an oracle process,
either had the user exit their session or killed it. Occasionally it was
smon/pmon and we had to wait or bounce the instance.

Ken

  _____