RE: designer 6.0 question

  • From: "John Flack" <JohnF@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:07:13 -0500

The relationship never shows up as an attribute, unless you add the attribute
yourself.  It only shows up as a column when you run the Database Design
Transformer (DDT) and convert your entities to tables and attributes to
columns.  There are some DDT options to control how that happens.  DDT also
creates surrogate PK columns and the sequences to generate them whenever you
don't designate an attribute or set of attributes as the PK.

This part of Designer hasn't changed very much from 6 to 6i and 9i.