Re: desc indexes howto

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jose.soares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jose.soares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 08:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

DBA_OBJECTS will give you that information if it's an index, DBA_CONSTRAINTS
will provide details if it's an actual constraint (it's a foreign key
constraint you've tried to violate).  A basic query of DBA_CONSTRAINTS to
return the barest of information regarding that constraint would be:

select d.owner, c.table_name, d.table_name, d.constraint_name,
d.r_constraint_name
from dba_constraints c join dba_constraints d on d.r_constraint_name =
c.constraint_name
where d.constraint_name = 'SYS_C0057216'
/
This should return the owner, parent table, child table, referencing constraint
name and referenced constraint name.

David Fitzjarrell