Re: density calculation when histograms are involved

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:03:59 +0200

Hi

I've got the book but I am a bit confused in the part where it talks about
selectivity and histograms in page 43 which says

10g uses num_distinct to work out the selectivity which is cardinality =
num_rows / num_distinct if there is histogram then cardinality = num_rows *
density

but I am in 9i so.... I am also reading chapter 7 btw

Thanks

--
LSC