Re: demo accounts & auditing

  • From: jo_holvoet@xxxxxxxx
  • To: dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:08:21 +0100

If you're using the Oracle Intelligent Agent (for OEM) then you have to
tell the agent what the new dbsnmp password is.
This goes into the file snmp_rw.ora in the agent's OH/network/admin like
this :

snmp.connect.MYDB.world.password="mynewpassword"

After restarting the agent this should get replaced by something like :

snmp.connect.MYDB.world.encryptedpassword="lotsofencryptedgarbage"

mvg/regards

Jo

Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/14/2005 16:09
Please respond to dba.orcl

        To:     "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        demo accounts & auditing

All:

Auditors wanted to change all the default password for demo and few
other accounts.

Is it okay to change the password of dbsnmp? Do I have to make changes
anywhere else where dbsnmp accounts are used?

We are not using outline and workflow manager. So is it okay to change
the password & lock teh account for outln, wmsys and system?