Re: delete obsolete for archivelogs

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hostetter.jay@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:20:27 +0100

How many database backups do you have? I'd read your policy as obsoleting
archive logs no longer required for your oldest level 0 backup. That is I
expect having 2 backups of the db more recent than the oldest log would do
the trick. The RMAN command report obsolete should help.

Niall Litchfield

On Jun 28, 2010 1:34 PM, "Jay Hostetter" <hostetter.jay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 The archivelogs (at least the older ones) have been backed up more than
once.  I tried the crossheck (even though Oracle seems to know where they
are) but to no avail.

This morning, I have a large number of archivelogs that have been backed up
(more than once) but not purged.  I tried setting the redundancy to 1 on
production (to match my test database), but still "delete noprompt obsolete"
does not take care of my archivelogs.

However, if I say DELETE NOPROMPT ARCHIVELOG ALL BACKED UP 2 TIMES TO DEVICE
TYPE DISK, it deletes them.

I may have to log an SR for this one.

    >>It seems little obvious for me.  How many times are you taking the
backup of the archive logs...

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > >
Try adding > >   > > cro...