Re: delete obsolete for archivelogs

  • From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:45:32 -0400

I finally have this issue resolved.  Oracle Streams had been setup for this
database, but was disabled.  Therefore, Oracle apparently thought it needed
to keep the archivelogs around.  I ran the following command as SYS:

exec dbms_streams_adm.remove_streams_configuration() ;

"report obsolete" now lists the archivelogs that have been backed twice.

Thank you for all of the responses.
Jay