Re: delete database manually

  • From: "Derya Oktay" <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:43:55 +0300

Hi,
I had quoted below text from http://www.oracle-base.com.
Regards,
Derya.

Uninstalling all products from UNIX is a lot more consistent. If you do need
to resort to a manual uninstall you should do something like:

  - Uninstall all Oracle components using the Oracle Universal Installer
  (OUI).
  - Stop any outstanding processes using the appropriate utilities:

  # oemctl stop oms user/password
  # agentctl stop
  # lsnrctl stop

  Alternatively you can kill them using the kill -9 pid command as the
  root user.
  - Delete the files and directories below the $ORACLE_HOME:

  # cd $ORACLE_HOME
  # rm -Rf *

  - With the exception of the product directory, delete directories
  below the $ORACLE_BASE.

  # cd $ORACLE_BASE
  # rm -Rf admin doc jre o*

  - Delete the /etc/oratab file. If using 9iAS delete the /etc/emtab
  file also.

  # rm /etc/oratab /etc/emtab

On 8/31/06, Sinardy Xing <oracle.rdbms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

shutdown immediate if can, shutdown abort if have to Delete all the dbf, ctl, redolog, achive delete all $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/lk*$ORACLE_SID*

On 8/31/06, murtuja khokhar <murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

> Hi
> I have installed Oracle 9i on solaris but it has some problem in the
> database creation.
> When I am trying to startup database it's giving me this error
> ORA-01079: ORACLE database was not properly created, operation aborted
>
> I have tried to delete database using dbca tool but its also giving some
> error
> so I want to drop previously created database manually.
>
> Can you send me all the steps for delete database manually?

> Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo!
Mail.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>

-- regards,

Sinardy